Unfortunate accident injured tourists
A young Italian couple taking a walk in Menton on Sunday morning was burnt by a mysterious acid attack from an apartment above.
It turns out that it was an accident, as a woman living in the building confessed to local police. She reportedly poured acid into a water drain on her balcony in order to clean and unclog it. The drain gives right onto the street, and the couple was passing by just as she used the dangerous substance. It is unknown what sentence she will serve at this time.
The man of the couple, who suffered the worst of the injuries, is being transferred to a hospital in Cuneo, his home city, today.